When Maureen was a Junior in High School she was teaching swim lessons to very large groups of children. Her heart went out to each child because they were being robbed of learning. She thought If only they could be in a private lesson they would have been swimming in no time. Why would anyone want to prolong the length of learning to swim and being safe around the water? From that point forward Maureen saw the importance of private lessons and for years, thereafter, she has set out to teach exactly that way. Maureen full heartedly believes in teaching people of all ages the importance of water safety education and while saving lives through swimming lessons. Her love for children and water fueled her ambition to what is now a full fledged swim school. Through continued education, Maureen travels around the country to study other swim programs and regularly attends conferences to stay up-to-date on industry insight. Parents get the benefit of our history of unmatched experience. Maureen’s Academy teaches in a logical progression and are customized to the individual needs and personality of each student.
- Education: B.S Degree in Physical Education from Cal State Fullerton,CA
- Experience: 25 years teaching swimming lessons (taught over thousands of lessons)
- 14 years ~ Owner/ Developer of Maureen’s Swim Academy, Inc. in the Tampa Bay Area.
- First Aid * CPR/ AED (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation / Automated External Defibrillator)
- WSI (Water Safety Instructor)
- Lifeguard Certificate (For in home Parties)
- NDPA National Drowning Prevention Alliance Conferences
- Special Abilities Pool Workshop/Special Abilities Classroom Workshop/ Instructor Course, and Presenter Course with Special Abilities Certificate through USSSA 2015
- A member of USSSA United States Swim School Association and attends their conferences regularly
Maureen’s heart breaks every time she hears about a drowning taking place and it is not always exposed on the news. The statistics are enormous compared to what we hear through the media. Maureen doesn’t want this to happen to your children. She personally started teaching her own children when they were very young because it was so frightening being around water knowing that they could drown! She decided to do everything she could to prevent the chance of this horrible loss happening in her own family.